Sunday, October 4, 2015

Internal questions. Good to keep asking these in whatever we do. Today I read an interesting piece from Lucius Seneca, called "On the Shortness of Life" which was shared by @timferriss. As the title implies, this stoic philosopher has some thoughtful things to say about how we value our life and the time we are given. Incidentally, I did this reading shortly after watching, again, the "Secret Life of Walter Mitty", itself a wonderful movie that stirs deep thoughts and makes you ask existential questions with teary eyes. They reminded me of this photo I had taken in an exhibition. If you are having a slow Sunday, I suggest you seek Tim's post or watch the movie, to get it deep as well as slow ;) I also want to add the same quote of Seneca that Tim finished with: "It's not that we have a short time to live, but that we waste a lot of it." (Did I just waste some more of that time on Instagram?? :) ). #exhibit #mirrorselfie #mirror #quote #existentialquestions #existential #blackandwhite


via Instagram http://ift.tt/1hjpg0z

No comments:

Post a Comment